Joe Burrow Says Bengals Will Win Tremendous Bowl In 2026: ‘Most Gifted Roster We’ve Had’

admin
5 Min Read



The Cincinnati Bengals’ 2021 Super Bowl run was driven by a sudden, ahead-of-schedule surge that caught the league off guard. Seven years into the Joe Burrow era, the franchise has shifted away from that postseason magic and toward building a deeper, more complete roster. 

Well, that’s at least how the Bengals’ franchise quarterback feels. Burrow made a strong claim about the Bengals’ 2026 roster when he met with reporters at voluntary organized team activities (OTAs) on Wednesday. 

“This is the most talented roster we’ve had since I’ve been here,” Burrow said. “The front office has taken a lot of heat from the fans, the public, the media. We can put all of that behind us. They went and made it happen with free agency.”

But that wasn’t the only bold proclamation Burrow made on Wednesday, either. 

“The No. 1 thing is you have to win,” Burrow said, as the Bengals are seeking to make the postseason for the first time since 2022. “We’re going to go win a lot of games this year and play great and win a Super Bowl.”

The Bengals were pretty active at shoring up their defense this offseason, even if they lost star edge rusher Trey Hendrickson to the Baltimore Ravens, which Burrow said was “not surprising.” They signed Seattle Seahawks edge rusher Boye Mafe, Minnesota Vikings defensive lineman Jonathan Allen, and Kansas City Chiefs safety Bryan Cook.

But Cincinnati’s biggest move of the offseason came via trade. The Bengals traded the 10th overall pick in the 2026 NFL Draft to the New York Giants in order to get three-time Pro Bowl defensive lineman Dexter Lawrence. 

“And then obviously, with Dexter [Lawrence], making a commerce like that, that doesn’t occur a ton within the NFL,” Burrow mentioned. “So it’s thrilling to see.”

Burrow’s feedback got here following some hypothesis earlier this offseason about his long-term future in Cincinnati. Some have puzzled if Burrow’s long-term dedication would rely on whether or not the entrance workplace might discover methods to improve its protection extra successfully. 

Whereas the offense has remained one of many league’s most harmful models, the protection has struggled all through a lot of Burrow’s prime. Over the past 5 seasons, Cincinnati has allowed 24.5 factors and 380.8 yards per sport.

Regardless of that backdrop, Burrow mentioned he remained largely faraway from the crew’s roster-building course of this offseason.

“I’d say we had a variety of communication throughout free company,” Burrow mentioned. “We didn’t have our postseason assembly like we usually have. I’d say if something, I used to be much less concerned this yr than in years previous.”

Even so, Burrow expressed clear approval of the course the franchise has taken.

“There’s no secret that the final a number of years didn’t go the way in which we needed to, and there’s a variety of blame to go round for that, myself included,” Burrow mentioned. “We’re in an ideal spot this yr. We introduced in nice individuals and nice gamers. You may really feel the vibes of the locker room.”

That renewed vitality has carried into offseason exercises, the place the Bengals have reportedly proven elevated urgency on each side of the ball. Burrow pointed to the mix of veteran management and youthful gamers as a key think about elevating the usual throughout the roster.

“The vitality is elevated proper now,” Burrow mentioned. “We’ve some veteran guys that may are available and present the youthful guys on protection what it takes, what it means to be nice each day. That’s thrilling to be part of.”

The Related Press contributed to this report. 



Source link

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *